Wednesday, April 23, 2008

time for another update


ok... ok ... so loads of people have been hassling me about getting started ....

So ...

Rush is now 13 months old and about to start his agility training "proper" next week ... I feel excited .. nervous .. concerned about how he will cope in the group ... wondering if I'm a delinquent mother cos I've not done much with him ... etc etc ...


I guess I am mostly feeling a bit nervous because I only get a dog once every 4 or 5 years, so am a bit "out of touch" with what I can do at what stage.

We had a lovely holiday in the Lake District last week, and Rush was introduced to DW and A-frame there and didn't seem too worried ... he also did some jump grids and has a huge stride on him and a big powerful bounce. I love watching him run as he lopes along so easily, but man do you know all about it when he opens up the throttle.

I think I am going to have loads of fun training him, but he is sure going to be different from Sassy.

Sassy is now 5 1/2 and is Grade 6 for her agility. She has been the most amazing little dog for me, making so many of my agility dreams come true... I do wonder what the year ahead will hold for us ... her training is bound to be compromised by me getting started with Rush ....

4 comments:

yvette said...

ho w cool is that, love reading blogs, did set one up for mine but i am too lazy to keep it up together. love yours and keep the info coming, look forward to seeing his progress
y xxx

Snoopy said...

Gosh he looks all grown up now doesnt he and it only seems like yesterday that he was that wonderful ball of fluffy wuffy...

Marie
xx

Claire said...

I know how you feel having got my first pup for 5 years. Please keep up with the blog as I will love reading how your training comes along.

Gemma Hanekom said...

Whohoo! Well done on starting your blog Sue. Rush will be fine, just enjoy the training with him xx